recent posts

May 20, 2012

What I Loved about Being a Mom this Week

(Every Sunday I try to reflect on some of the small things that made me happy as a Mom that week. It's a great way for me to start the new week with love and gratitude.)

I took a break from blogging last Sunday on Mother's Day to go visit my Mom and one of my Grandma's so I'm including that from last week too.  :)

1. Peanut Butter toast for breakfast with a heart drawn on it for Mother's Day from my boys. They definitely know the way to my heart.  :)


2. Super cute gifts from my boys on Mother's Day. Here is a little peek...



It's true folks...I wear sweats and earrings, and that really is a picture of me laying in my bed on my laptop putting stuff on my blog (except I don't have a mullet IRL). I am not perfect but they still love me anyways.  :)

Luke's little drawings melted my ♥.

So I'm beginning to realize the majority of my pictures taken during the week involve Lila. This will definitely change in the Summer when the boys are out of school but for now, she really is my little sidekick every day.

3. A free fun day at the Cal Ranch Store seeing all the baby chicks, turkeys and ducks.


4. Free ice cream at Dickey's...Yum!!


5. Lots and lots of games of Peek-a-boo (terrible picture taken on my phone).


6. These fun moments at our favorite park...

Chasing birds

Looking for Bugs

Cute smiles 

Brother and Sister moments

Small puddles to play in from the sprinklers

7. Seeing how much she wants to be a big girl.


This week we have Bugs, Father's Day gifts and making our Summer Bucket List on our agenda. It's going to be a good week, I can feel it!!  :)

What did you love about being a Mom this week??

8 comments:

Holly said... Best Blogger Tips

awe! So cute! My boy made a book for me too. It was sweet!

Laura said... Best Blogger Tips

Aww! Thank you so much for putting stuff on your blog. Stuff like this. How cute that your kids are some of your biggest blog fans.

Mrs. Wheeler said... Best Blogger Tips

Adorable!!! I love that you try to recap the week.

www.mrswheelerfirst.blogspot.com

Betsy said... Best Blogger Tips

That book is adorable! I'm sure I don't have to tell you to save it and show him 10-15 years from now. I'm not a mom, but one of the kids in my class made me a book this past week, too! He told his mom he wanted to make sure I knew he loved me. (Awwww...) His 6-year-old brother helped him spell the words. SO CUTE!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh Rachel, the peanut butter heart made me cry! The sweetness of a child is beautiful!

The book your son wrote had me laughing so hard! My Mom wears sweats and earrings - that is the best!

Happy Belated Mother's Day to one of the best Mommies around!

I LOVE YOUR SUNDAY MOM MOMENTS!!!

Blessings,
Janiene

Big D and Me said... Best Blogger Tips

we need to start on our summer list - love your Sunday list- what a great way to start the week

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

awe!! Love love all the cute photos! And the mothers day cards are precious!!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Those pictures Luke drew are so cute! And the sibling moment pic is super adorable too. :)

Being a mom is the best!!