I have to give my 4-year old credit for coming up with the idea for this fun Paper Plate Fish Craft. She asked me if she could use a couple things out of my craft closet last week and she ended up getting out a toilet roll and some of my round stickers. She later brought me her creation and she had staggered the stickers around the toilet roll and it reminded me of fish scales. I instantly thought about one of my daughter's new books from her Scholastic book order, so we created this Paper Plate Fish Craft for kids to go along with it.
- small paper plate
- orange cardstock paper
- orange paint
- paint brush/foam brush
- orange round .75-inch stickers
- Elmer's orange Painter's Marker
- large googly eye
- glue
Directions:
1. Start by painting your small paper plate orange and let it dry completely.
2. Use your orange round labels and stagger them across half of your paper plate to create fish scales. If you want to make colorful fish, you can use all of the colored labels.
2. Use your orange round labels and stagger them across half of your paper plate to create fish scales. If you want to make colorful fish, you can use all of the colored labels.
5. Glue your fins to your paper plate. Finish your fish by cutting out a mouth at the front of the fish and gluing on a large googly eye.
I love how the scales turned out with using the round stickers! We made ours like the fish in The Bravest Fish Saves the Day, but you could personalize your fish with any colors you choose. In fact, I bet preschoolers would love making their own colorful fish.
Did you catch our 15 Fantastic Ocean Crafts for Kids?




















1 comments:
I love your adorable fish craft and I'm featuring it on my blog this week. Thanks for sharing your ideas!
http://www.thepaperycraftery.com/paper-craft/10-fun-paper-crafts-for-kids-to-celebrate-summer/
Post a Comment